Nehari is traditional Pakistani recipe made with beef or chiken and is also eaten in breakfast with naan.
Duration (Minutes) 130
Serving (Persons) 7
- Beef leg 1 kg (large pieces)
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Fennel seed powder 3 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin seed powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 ½ tbspPlain flour 5 tbsp
- Green chilies 8 (chopped)
- Fresh coriander 1 bunch (chopped)
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Fresh ginger 5 tbsp (chopped)Oil ½ cup
- Heat oil and stir fry the ginger, garlic paste than add beef and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and fry for more 5 minutes.
- Add one and half liters water, bring to the boil, then cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Add the fennel seed powder, cumin seed powder and all spice powder in the gravy.
- Dissolve the plain flour in some water and add in the gravy. Move spoon.
- After the gravy has thickened, return the meat in the gravy and cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilies, fresh coriander and ginger now nehari is ready to eat.
- Now serve with naan or roti.