Brownie Butter Cake is a good to serve with tea for guests.
Duration (Minutes) 90
Serving (Persons) 4
- For Brownie
- Dark chocolate 140g (broken into pieces)
- Unsalted butter ¼ cup (50g)
- Brown sugar ¼ cup (50g)
- Egg 1
- All purpose flour ¼ cup (35g)
- For Butter Cake
- Unsalted butter ½ cup (120g)
- Sugar ½ cup (100g)
- Eggs 2
- All purpose flour 1 cup (120g)
- Baking powder ¼ tsp
- Fresh milk 3 ½ tbsp (50ml)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a 4×8-in loaf pan with aluminum foil.
- For Brownie: Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar and combine nicely.
- Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove, cool on wire rack.
- For Butter Cake: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, then add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
- Spread the butter cake batter over brownie, bake in oven at 160C/320F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.