Cucumber And Mint Raita is a quick raita recipe to serve with rice.
Duration (Minutes) 10
Serving (Persons) 4
- Cucumber(peeled) 1 large
- Yogurt(low fat) 250 ml
- Caster sugar 1 tsp
- Red chilli(sliced) 1
- Mint leaves(chopped) large handful
- Juice of lime 1/2
- Cumin seeds & chilli powder to sprinkle
- Halve the cucumber lengthways.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Either very finely slice or dice the cucumber and place it in a bowl.
- Whisk the yogurt and sugar until smooth and add the chilli, mint leaves and lime juice.
- Season, pour over the cucumber and toss to mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and chilli powder just before serving.