Honey Mustard Mayo is a good variation in mayonees.
Duration (Minutes) 10
Serving (Persons) 4
- Egg yolks 2
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 2 tsp
- Lemon juice 4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp (heaped)
- Olive oil ½ cup (preferably a good extra virgin olive oil)
- Red chili flakes ½ tsp
- Mustard powder 2 tsp
- In a mixing bowl add egg yolks.
- Slowly start adding in the olive oil, in a trickle as you whisk the egg yolks.
- As you whisk, the mixture will become thicker, resembling a mayonnaise.
- The oil must be trickled in slowly.
- Once you have a thick mixture, add in the remaining ingredients, whisking continuously.