Tawa kaleji is a recipe made from kaleji a delicious meal full of iron.
Duration (Minutes) 30
Serving (Persons) 5
- 1 kg Beef or mutton liver
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder half tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp (toasted,crushed)
- Coriander 1 tsp (toasted,crushed)
- Black pepper 1 tsp (toasted,crushed)
- All spIce powder one fourth tsp
- Red chili 1 tsp (crushed)
- Onion 2 finely chopped
- Green chili 4 (thinly slIced)
- Fresh green Coriander 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Tomatoes 3 to 4 finely chopped
- Dry Fenugreek one fourth tsp
- Oil half cup
- Lemon juIce 2 tsp
- Cut liver in small pieces.
- Marinate it in ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, crushed cumin, crushed coriander seed, crushed black pepper, all spice powder, chopped onion, dry fenugreek, crushed chilies, finely chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, oil and salt.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and put oil on it.
- Put the marinated liver on to the hot pan.
- Stir fry till the liver is cooked and the spices are well combined.
- Sprinkle some chopped green chili, sliced ginger and chopped green coriander leaves on top.
- Tawa kaleji is ready to serve with chapatti or Naan.