Walnut Sponge Cake is a good treat for family in happy moments.
Duration (Minutes) 30
Serving (Persons) 4
- Egg 3 large
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- All purpose flour 1/3 cup
- Walnuts ground 1/3 cup (not chopped)
- Pinch salt
- Place rack in middle of oven and pre heat to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch pan and line with parchment.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a bowl with electric beater until sugar dissolve and mixture has tripled in volume, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix all purpose flour, ground walnuts and salt; sift it.
- Fold dry ingredients in egg mixture in two additions.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake about 12 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 3 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the sponge cake to loosen it.
- Invert the sponge cake on parchment sheet.
- Let cool completely.